Sunday, December 26, 2010

Take the meeting!

Excuse the typos. I'm a rambler, not an english major :-)

I've been fortunate to have people in my life who've given me stellar advice. 1. (With regards to employment)- Don't turn down jobs you haven't been offered. You never know what might lead to what - investigate. See if this opportunity might give you a skill set that you wouldn't get otherwise. 2. (With regards to dating) Take the meeting. I've gone out on dates with all types of men. Phd's, surgeons, actors, "blue collar" men, lobbyists...I've gained something from ALL of those experiences and recognized that the real difference is not money, status, it is OFTEN character. Stay open ladies, you NEVER know who may be for you. I will also add to the mix that while I have a preference for chocolate (ok I'll take chocolate with a dollop of cream as well), I am open to the swirl. Shoot, I’m open to a collard greens and egg roll combination.

I’ll take the meeting – I’m 5’6 but I STAY in 4 inch heels, so when I accepted the invitation to dinner from a 5’4 gentlemen I felt quite the amazon. In all fairness his profile said he was 5’7. What would have been a 3 inch differential blossomed into a ½ foot problem. But I digress, Eharmony said we matched on 40 points (clearly one of them was not height) so I “took the meeting”. It didn’t work out – not even slightly. However, I think that women in particular need to learn how to date. Broaden your horizons, take the meeting. You NEVER know what the person on the opposite end of the table has to offer. For the record, if there happens to be a vertically challenged gentleman reading this, know that I don’t discriminate. Some of the greatest gifts come in smaller packages AND I’m not opposed to rockin’ some fly flats in the name of love ☺

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious...(I'm a rambler, not an English major) but real. Insight on love is a funny thing, it changes as our perspective transitions from the inside out...duly noted Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete