Monday, October 18, 2010

I've Got The Power!

I’m a FB junkie, that proclaimed, it stands to reason that I come across a litany of jokes, musings, rants, raves and quotes daily. The following is one I came across the other day - If you want to know a person's true character, give them power over you. Whew! Part of the reason I decided to start a blog was selfish the other selfless. I am a student of life – I’m one of those people who learns from experiences and applies the learned knowledge moving forward. While many of us don’t learn from other’s experiences, some of us do. It is my sincere desire, wish and hope that my words, my experiences can in some way serve as a barrier to even a smidgen of pain, disappointment and/or anxiety. But I digress, getting back to the quote.

In my 30+ years of life I have given “people” power over me. Consequently I have been abused, misused and a whole lot of other things. The question is – why have I given anyone power over me? In my daily walk as a practical Christian I am constantly in a neurotic tug-of-war with my creator, my provider and the lover of my soul. I find myself simultaneously placing and ripping my cares and worries in His and out of His capable hands. Yet, I meet a man (intelligent, spiritually aware, succe$$ful handsome and oh yeah, fundamentally flawed) and willingly hand over the reigns of my life emotionally and physically. In the words of Mark Twain I dance like no one is watching. I sing like no one is listening and I love like I've never been hurt. Never fear, I have the assurance of Mr. Twain that this will all lead to living like it's heaven on Earth. In all fairness to Mr. Twain, I’ve seen so many versions of this quote, he may not have even said it.

Life's journey is....a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment