Monday, February 25, 2013

Count your blessings!

Whew - when I said I was taking a breather, I  REALLY meant it. So much has happened since I last blogged. Lest you think I am bragging - know that what follows are PURELY the blessings of God's unmitigated favor. Isaiah 64:6 tells us that "our righteousness is as filthy rags". In other words, there is nothing we can do to earn God's favor. We simply ask and He does as He wills. Those of you who have followed this blog know that I went through quite a rough patch. I give praise and honor to God that He has restored me beyond measure.

As I thought back over the time since I last blogged, I thought of ALL the blessings the Lord has showered on me. There are so many, I'd be writing forever if I listed them all. Here are a few that really stand out.

1. Met the man of my dreams - a Haitian/Jamaican, Godly HUNK of a man! It should be noted that I truly believe that he is a direct result of the prayers of a few but mighty.











2. I became a recording artist. My church, Breath Of Life Worship Center in Inglewood, CA recorded our first project! I was fortunate be a soloist on the project and sang the lead on "Even Me". Please support this ministry!!! The link is below!


The Bol Worship Center | Excellence: a Praise and Worship Experience | CD Baby Music Store

3. Had my first ever cross country road trip with the man of my dreams. No one got put out the car, we arrived in Los Angeles even more in love than when we started AND we juiced the whole way!





4. Professionalized my natural ability to cook by becoming a private chef and caterer.



 


5. Got engaged! This is a testimony in and of itself. And the ring? Can you believe it?



6. Married the man of my dreams (privately) at City Hall in San Francisco. I found out later that my parents got married there as well before their public wedding. Neat, huh? Also, while there a budding photographer offered to take our pictures for FREE! He took over 50 of them. Ain't God good?





7. Had an AMAZING international, festive and fabulous New Year's Eve wedding at Hotel Figueroa in downtown Los Angeles












8. Moved into a lovely spanish style home in historic Leimert Park and have decorated it in an eclectic, diasporamuse mélange of my husband's culture and my own. Him (Haitian/Jamaican), me (Guyanese/Liberian). We both love to entertain and frequently host dinners where we share our favorite recipes.







9. Stay tuned...I believe it's only going to get better - Jeremiah 29:11


No comments:

Post a Comment